I created this blog last December, and I have failed to blog since then! I would say that I'm back in blogger world, but I was never really in it. 2010 is coming to a close, and I thought it would be fun to briefly reflect on the year.
1. I transferred from Gardner-Webb to Central Piedmont to Appalachian State. It was a year of transition, that is for sure. In the 1.5 years I attended Gardner-Webb, I soaked up everything I possibly could have, and felt led to transfer somewhere new...that place being ASU. I love the school, and I love Boone. The first couple days of class were a little overwhelming. The number of students in the cafeteria seemed to outnumber the entire student body at GW.
2. I went to Paris and Brussels for spring break. It was the longest plane ride that I had ever been on. It was also my first time eating authentic airplane food. Who says it's gross? I really liked it! My favorite part of the trip was riding the elevator to the tip-top of the Eiffel Tower! We also went to Notre Dame, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Palace of Versailles, and the Atomium in Brussels. I shopped at my first H&M too! The trip was incredible, and one that I'll never forget. My box of "stuff" (pictures, postcards, ticket stubs, etc.), will have to last me until my next trip back. Oh, and I drank my first beer. Before you shake your head, you should know that I was of age. It wasn't anything special. I tried wine too, and I thought it was disgusting. Am I the only person who thinks it tastes like poison?
3. Through God's word, people- both old friends and new, and Elevation church, God has been hard at work in my life. I wish I could sit down with each of you over food, since eating is one of my favorite things to do, and talk about it all. A few sentences on here, explaining how good God has been to me over the past year wouldn't do him justice, so I'm not going to try.
4. I failed to run a 5k this year. I think 2011 is going to be the year that it actually happens! I thought 2010 would be THE year too, but it wasn't. I don't think I'll feel like a REAL runner, until I safety pin a number to my shirt before I start my run. Let me know if you want to run one too!
5. I was a braceface for the entire year of 2010. I think all of my friends will celebrate as much, if not more than me when I get them off. I'm hoping to get them off in either January or February of 2011. My fingers are crossed!
I have started a list of things that I want to do in 2011. One of those things being run a 5k, and another being go to the Biltmore House. I'VE NEVER BEEN! How ridiculous is that? I'm from NC! The list is longer than just those two things, but I'd rather keep them a secret for now.
With a lot of love,
"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with Thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30